OK, back to the analysis of the painting I have been showing the last few days. Here is , as requested in the comments, a photo of the location, I will post a photo of the painting below that for comparison.
I have made a number of design driven changes in the landscape. Some of these are;
- I "humped" up the mountain more to make it more important.
- I moved the little cart on the right, to the left and into the cluster of objects surrounding the barn.
- I threw reflected light up into the barn and the house to make them light and glowing.
- In front of the barn I edited out "Casper".
- I forced the hay rolls in front of the barn onto a diagonal line leading up and to the right.
- I have edited and simplified the tracks in the snow that are the lead in.
- I dropped the value of the snow in order to leave myself room above its value to place my sunlit highlights.